Friday, February 27, 2009

Friendship Bags

Thursday the kids and I made Friendship Bags with our homeschool group. The purpose of the bags are for us to be able to pass them out to any homeless person we see at an intersection or on the side of the road. Alot of times we don't have any money with us to give or honestly we're concerned about how they may spend it. With the bags we don't have to worry about that. We've given them practical things and helped them.

Each family in the homeschool group brought something to put in the bags. These were the things we put in.

Vienna Sausages
Fruit cups
juice
wipes
kleenex
fork/spoon
napkins
cheese crakers
change for a phone call
a card with emergency numbers and shelters
a tract with the gospel presentation

Tears were coming to my eyes as I watched all the kids work so hard putting the bags together. It was awesome. Each family took 5 bags with them to keep in their cars at all times, ready to help someone in need. I can't wait now until we see a homeless person.
Here are pictures from the day:




After we were done with the bags then it was playtime!





1 comment:

Lucy Locket said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Are you still coming this weekend? I'm looking forward to seeing you.....Lucy Locket