Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 2 of Pam and Kirsten's trip

What a wonderful, fun filled day!

It began with us waking up and eating some breakfast at the hotel. Then we went back up to the room to begin our sessions for the day.

Session 1 of today was when the big secret was revealed. I asked her before we began what she thought sex was. She said she thought it was when someone really loved somebody else alot and they kiss. I told her there was a bit more to it than that. LOL Here is a picture of her before she heard what sex was:



Here she is at the exact moment she found out what it was:



It was so funny. Here are her exact words. "That is so gross! That is so gross! That is so gross! Why did God have to do it like that? I don't want to have a baby now if I have to do that. I don't want to hear about this anymore. I can't believe you and daddy do that!" LOL

I plan on showing this picture at her bridal shower along with her exact words. :)
After we had the talk we did an activity called "Burned Up." I had her light a match, then try to light it again. Of course, it wouldn't work. That was showing it's like once you've lost your virginity there's no going back. You can only lose it once. Then I had her try to light a match that was in a cup in some water. Of course she was unable to light it. The water was protecting the unlit match. Like the water, if we reach out to God he will give us the strength we need to protect us from the flame of temptation when it comes at us.



The next session focused on staying pure. We did an exercise with a balloon where she would poke small holes in it. Each time a little stream of water would come out. Pretty soon the balloon was totally empty and broken. This exercise represented how if you go out with a boy and you give him just a little kiss then your giving a small part of yourself away. If ya'll break up then you do that with another boy then you've given even more of yourself. This goes on and on until finally you'd have nothing left to give your husband on your wedding night.



I got drenched with a busted balloon.



After this project we went to La Cantera shopping center. That is such a cool place!!


Then it was time to get our nails done! It was Kirsten's first time! It was my first time to get my finger nails done. It was neat.



Here's Kirsten's toes and fingers.


My toes and fingers.



Then it was off to Cool Cuts for Kids. Kirsten wanted to get her hair cut.
Here is the before picture:


And the after:


Behind picture:



After the haircut we went shopping to try to find her some clothes, but we struck out. Then we ate dinner at Chili's, and headed back to the hotel for our final session.

This session talked about dating. We did an exercise where we had two different pieces of paper. You could rub then together and nothing bad happened to them. If you put some glue on them and put them together then tried to peal them apart they didn't tear but they were messy. Then I had her pull apart some pieces that I had glued together earlier in the night. They tore when being pulled apart. This was symbolic of how it's ok to be friends with boys and hang out. However when you date and start becoming attached to a boy it can begin to get messy when things don't go well with the relationship. If you get REAL attached to a guy, then you break up, it can hurt you really bad and make you a broken person. That's why it's important to only try to show an interest in a boy that you think you could marry someday.


We talked about how we're going to handle all that when the time comes. She signed a contract saying that she promises not to date until we say she can. :)
The last thing we did for the evening was completed the puzzles we started yesterday. :)
Now it's 10:16pm and we're about to go to bed. We are going to Sea World tomorrow in the rain. Woo Hoo! LOL
Pam

2 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Thank you so much for sharing this Pam! You have convinced me that this is the best route to talk with your children. Do you know if there is one for boys?

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

That is awesome. I am so interested in this. Thank you for sharing:)