We arrived Friday around 3:00pm. One of my best friends from my childhood, Gina Lederer (now Gina Butler) came to my mom's house at 6:00 so we could follow each other to the homecoming game. That was the first time I had seen her in probably about 12 years. We just held on to each other crying. It was the best moment of the whole weekend!!
After that me, Scott, Kimberly and Kirsten followed Gina to the game. Gina and I were having fun trying to figure out who was who among our old classmates.
We ended up leaving at half time though. Scott and I took the girls to get ice cream at Braums. While Gina took her daughter over to a friends house.
Saturday afternoon we went to the family picnic for about an hour. We left there early b/c my mom and Bill were going to take the kids to the fair. Plus Scott and I wanted to take advantage of having a babysitter. :) So we went and saw The Dark Knight again. This was Scott's 3rd time to see it! LOL After the movie we went shopping at Kohl's. Then we met Gina and her husband Troy for dinner at Texas Roadhouse. That was my second favorite moment of the whole weekend. Gina and I laughed so hard. It was just like old times.
I'm so glad I found my best friend again. I'm never gonna lose contact with her again!
Meanwhile, the kids had a blast at the fair. Kyrie finally got her tea party with maw maw that she's been waiting for since June!
We left Wichita around 7:30 Saturday night and got home at 12:15am.
Here are a few pictures from the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment