I've had the hardest time getting back into the habit of updating my blog. I'm going to try to do better.
Boy, the last few hours have been exciting. Hurricane Ike finally arrived here about 3:00pm. He had actually become a Tropical Storm by then. The winds were really blowing hard. It was actually kind of scary at times. I can't imagine what the people in Houston must have experienced. Our power went out about 5:30pm and didn't come back on until this morning at 9:30am. Scott made it fun for the kids though. He had anticipated us losing our power so he had bought them some glow sticks. You should have seen them jumping around playing with them. They were having so much fun. Then we all played a game of scrabble by candlelight. It was actually really nice. :)
For bedtime we put mattresses on our floor for all the kids. They didn't want to sleep in their rooms b/c it was too dark. Scott hung their glowsticks up on the ceiling. It was actually kind of pretty in there. LOL We didn't get any sleep though b/c it was so hot!
Everything is back to normal though now. I love electricity. :)
Pam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment