Thursday, April 9, 2009

ETHF Easter Party

Today was the Easter party with the East Texas Homeschool Friends homeschool group. We had such a good time!!
We started out at Kilgore park playing a couple of egg games. I had everyone break up into 4 divisions. There were the adults, 6th grade on up, Kinder-5th grade, then 0-4yrs.
The first game was a relay race where the teams had to run with a spoon in their mouth carrying a hard boiled egg. I won out of the adults. :)



Then we played the classic egg toss game with raw eggs. It was funny b/c one of the youth had his egg bust all over his face!






We were just about to play an egg clue relay race when two school buses pulled up. The lady with the school came up to us and said they had reserved that pavillion. I felt bad that I didn't even think about reserving it or seeing if it had been reserved. We've always met at this park every Thursday for the past couple of months and never had a problem. Anyway, everyone in ETHF was so wonderful. They all pitched in and gathered everything up in about 5 minutes. We then headed to a different park in Kilgore to continue the party.
Once there we played the egg clue relay race.

Next came cookie decorating time. The kids did that while the adults hid eggs for them to find.


Before we ended the day I wanted to say a few words about what Easter is all about. The egg games and all are fun, but it was Christ dieing on the cross for our sins and being raised from the dead that makes Easter so special. I shared how our family plans on celebrating Good Friday tomorrow and issued a challenge for them to do the same. At 6:00am Jesus was being tried. Then he began the walk to Golgatha. So we're going to take a short walk as a reminder of what he did. At 9:00 he was nailed to the cross. People mocked him and called him names. So we're going to think of all the wonderful names to call him. Then sing a praise song. At noon scripture says everything became dark. So we're going to turn off all the lights in the house and close the blinds and try to make it was dark as we can. At 3:00 Jesus died. We're going to read Psalm 22 at that time.

I told them all this, then closed us in a word of prayer.



It was a wonderful day! I'm so thankful for this group. :)

No comments: