Something awful happened today! There is this 3 legged dog that the owner lets him roam free in our neighborhood. He is the sweetest, most gentle dog I have come across. The problem though, is all the other neighborhood dogs don't like him. They attack him!!! I'm talking for no reason at all. They just go up to him and start fighting. I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that he's handicapped.
I felt sooooooooooooo bad today. Our dog Miracle got out. I didn't realize it until I started hearing dogs fighting. I ran outside to see my dog tearing up that poor handicapped dog. It was awful!! I kept yelling to get her to stop. There wasn't anything I could do. Finally she quit and the dog went running off. I got mine inside and noticed she had a couple of small cuts around her face, but that was it. After I realized she was ok I went walking down the street to find the other dog. I found him, but poor thing was bleeding in SEVERAL places. I didn't know what to do. I could tell he was going to be ok. I mean, none of the injuries were life threatening. However I felt horrible that our dog did that damage to him. :( It's just weird b/c I have NEVER seen Miracle act like that!! She is usually the sweetest dog. She gets along with other dogs wonderfully! She has no problems with Smeagol at all. They are best buds. It's just this handicapped dog that she hates. I wonder if it's some type of instinctual thing with dogs that they pick on other's who are disabled?
Anyway, it was pretty upsetting to witness. :(
Pam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment