Friday, March 28, 2008

First Finders!!

We were the first finders of a box in Tatum yesterday!! I took the kids to Tatum which is about 45 minutes from Harleton.(Scott couldn't go b/c he had a meeting.) There was a letterbox that was just placed there that had a first finders prize in it. It was hidden INSIDE the library there. We were able to get there in time to be the first finders. This box was kind of a weird situaion though. The library was soooooooooooooooooooo small!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not kidding, it looked like a used book store the size of half of our house! It was so awkward b/c we walked in and were the only one's there with the exception of the library worker. She could see everything I was doing b/c the room we were in was so small! There was no way to be descreet! I don't think she was watching me though b/c she kept her eyes on the kids the entire time. I'm mean she was GLARING at them with her arms crossed! They had this stuffed animal that looked like Clifford on one of the shelves. Kyrie went to grab it and she jumped all over her saying that wasn't to play with. Then Christopher tried the same thing and she got on him. What did she expect the kids to do?! You can't put a stuffed animal in the kids section and not ask them to touch it! It was crazy! Anyway, I was glad to get out of there, probably as much as she was glad we were gone. Our prize was a $1. LOL The thing I liked is the placer had a first finders page in her logbook. It was kind of neat getting to put my stamp there. I felt special. LOL

Then we went to a park that was supposed to have 2 there. We couldn't find either one. They are doing a BUNCH of construction so the clues didn't match what she was saying anymore. For example things like it said to walk towards the woods. Well, all the trees had been cut down! So it was hard to follow. Someone just found the boxes 5 days ago though so they should still be there. We're going to try again on Saturday when Scott is there. He's good at finding boxes when I can't.

Then the last one we went to was at an old train depot. That one was neat and easy to find. So we stopped at 29. We still didn't make it to 30. :( ARGH! Oh well, tomorrow will be a big day b/c we are going back to Tatum to their State Park. They have 9 hidden there! Plus we're going to get one at a cemetary and one at a rest area and try the park again. So we have a chance of getting 13 tomorrow!! :) I told the kids we could bring Smeagol this time so we'll see how it will go. Hopefully Chris will be better than he was at Daingerfield.

I couldn't find my camera so unfortunetly I don't have any pictures to share from yesterday. :(

Pam

No comments: