We woke up, packed a picnic, loaded Smeagol and the kids in the car and drove to Tatum! When we arrived at Martin Creek State Park it was POURING down rain and thundering/lightening. It was also FREEZING! It was hilarious! We were sitting outside at a picnic table eating our lunch in this weather. WE'RE CRAZY!! LOL I tried taking pictures but my battery was dead in the camera! I was so bummed. So I don't have any pictures to share tonight.
After lunch the rain let up so we began our hunt for boxes. I have never seen so much poison ivy in all my life! It will be a miracle if none of us got any on us. So far no one is showing any signs of it even though we read it could be 48 hours before we notice any. At one point though we had to walk through a field of it! LOL
There was a Spring Flower series of 7 boxes along the trail. It was really nice. The only problem is b/c of the rain a couple of the boxes were real damp. Then there was one that was DRENCHED!! The whole logbook was ruined! :(
We found another box there that wasn't part of the series, then tried to find a third but was unable to locate it.
After 4 hours of being there at the state park we left and headed to a cemetary nearby. We found 1 box there.
Then it was over to the park the kids and I had gone too a couple days before trying to find 2 boxes there. Of course Scott was able to find those right away. I was so far off it wasn't even funny. LOL
Then we ended our boxing time with a stop at a rest area between Tatum and Marshall. There was a truck parked there. I couldn't tell if anyone was in it or not b/c it had real dark tented windows. Someone was probably in there watching me get the box and hide it again. He probably wondered what on earth I was up to. I wouldn't be surprised if he went and got the box after I stamped in to see what I was messing with. Hopefully he's a nice person though and if he did check out the box then he'll just put it back.
We got home at 5:00. Scott and I freshened up then the two of us went to dinner at Outback. Yep, we did it! We actually went out on a date and left Kimberly to babysit! I wasn't nervous at all! She did a great job! Everyone was happy and doing great when we got home an hour and a half later. It was the perfect way to end a perfect day. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment