Tonight was our montly CHEC meeting. CHEC is my homeschool support group that I'm involved with. It was a good meeting tonight. We had 3 break out sessions with different speakers:
How to Raise an Enthusiastic Reader and Writer
Taught by Linda Burklin
Encouragement for Your Home
This workshop covered the motivation for home organization and some universal principles that would benefit everyone.
Taught by Leisa Lorenz
Computer Use for Christians
In this workshop they covered internet use for our children and also computer games for Christians to enjoy.
Doug - overview
Stephen - ways to monitor email and instant messaging
James - game reviews
Robin - My Space and social networks
Taught by the Camp family.
They were all really good. The one thing I learned that really surprised me though was how bad My Space really is. I mean, the fact that if you go to your friends MySpace page, then click on one of his friends, then click on one of their friends, etc that after only 4 clicks you will see something that isn't appropriate viewing material. I also learned that there are Christian alternatives to My Space, like MyChurch or ShoutLife. I plan on checking those out.
Anyway, after the meeting my friend April and I stopped by Wal-Mart. I had to pick up a few things for our trip on Wednesday.
When I got home at 10:00pm I was walking into the house quietly so I wouldn't wake anybody up, only I got the big surprise when all the kids came running to meet me at the door!! Scott was watching Superman with them! LOL
So it's now 10:54pm, WAY past legal and I'm going to go to bed.
Pam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment